Links & Educational Resources
We have compiled a list of Internet resources that
have been helpful to our members. If you have any suggestions, please
contact us Contact Us
- A New Hampshire Homeowner's Guide to Stormwater Management by NHDES
This is a Do-It-Yourself guide for homeowners provided by NHDES. A more encompassing guide than the Shoreland version.
- A Water Resources Plan for NH
Overview of the New Hampshire Water Resources Primer
- Aquatic Plants Mirror Lake – 2014
Easy to follow and read guide on the Aquatic Plants of Mirror Lake by NHDES – 2014
- Cobbetts Pond Improvement Association Installs Several Stormwater Management Practices!
The Cobbetts Pond Improvement Association (CPIA) recently completed installation of four raingardens, an infiltration swale, and two 1000 gallon infiltration catch basins in the Fossa Road Subwatershed on Cobbetts Pond.
- Comprehensive Shoreline Protection Act
- Current NH Water Advisories
- Cyanotoxins in NH: What You Need to Know
- Did a lake trigger a deadly disease?
Researchers hope to explain why Lou Gehrig’s disease seems to occur more often in people who live near lakes and ponds where cyanobacteria blooms.
- Economic Benefits of Protecting Healthy Watersheds
EPA has released a new fact sheet on the Economic Benefits of Protecting Healthy Watersheds.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Algae
Common questions regarding algae and algae blooms.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Cyanobacteria
Potential Dangers of Cyanobacteria in New Hampshire Waters
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Lake Eutrophication
Facts about lake eutrophication & aging.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Lake Foam
Questions regarding lake foam and what causes it.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Septic Systems
Septic Systems and Your Lake’s Water Quality.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Swimmer's Itch
Questions & answers regarding swimmer’s itch.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Water Milfoil
Questions regarding Water Milfoil and how to distinguish it from other aquatic plants.
- Environmental Fact Sheet: Watersheds
Why Watersheds are Important to Protect.
- Fireworks and New Hampshire's Lakes
There are growing concerns about the use of fireworks around New Hampshire’s Lakes.
- If You Observe a Cyanobacteria Bloom
What to do if you observe cyanobacteria in your area.
- Mirror Lake Watershed Management Program (WMP 2012)
Final version of Mirror Lake’s WMP 2012
- New Hampshire Department of Safety
- New Hampshire Lakes
- New Hampshire Lakes Lay Monitoring Program
- New Hampshire Water Resources Research Center
- NH Department of Environmental Services
- The Libby Museum
- The Loon Preservation Committee
- The Tuftonboro Times – Summer 2014
Staying in touch with our community.
- Town of Tuftonboro
- Town of Wolfeboro
- What is Cyanobacteria?
Information about cyanobacteria
- Wolfeboro Public Television – Mirror Lake Watershed Management Plan
August 16, 2011 Presentation – Mirror Lake Watershed Management Plan